Ghent University is one of Europe’s leading universities, located in Belgium. Founded in 1425, Ghent University has 22 departments, five faculties, and 14,000 students. Ghent University has internationally oriented missions, with a tradition in humanities, arts, and social sciences. It is also known for its educational offer in engineering, architecture, medical sciences, and law.
Ghent University invites applications from suitably qualified and committed candidates for a full-time Ph.D. scholarship. Ghent University is offering a fully-funded Ph.D. scholarship for the academic year 2022. The scholarship is available for international students and non-EU students.
Why Do Students Prefer This University?
Because university’s strengths include:
- research excellence
- strong international engagement
- strong links to industry
- a wide range of degrees
- commitment to student employability
- a vibrant student population
- large library facilities
- excellent employment outcomes
- high levels of international student exchange
- innovative research programs
- excellent facilities and resources
- strong links with community partners
More About Ghent University Scholarships:
- University Name: Ghent University
- Host Country Name: Europe
- Scholarship Type: Fully funded
- End Date of Applications: February 4, 2022
- Scholarships are available for pursuing a Ph.D. degree program.
- Research costs € 310 per month.
- Provides a budget of around € 8000 for travel to selected candidates
This scholarship will cover:
- The tuition fee
- The monthly stipend
- Housing also includes utilities
- Travel, insurance, and visa fees
- One-year membership of the university library
- Ph.D. Conference attendance and Ph.D. project guidance
Eligible Countries: International students (All)
- A recognized undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution (minimum 2:1), which must be in a relevant subject
- Hold a valid passport for 3 years from the date of admission
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships are not available to exchange students.
- They prefer applicants whose research topics are relevant to development.
To apply, applicants must upload the following documents:
- CV (maximum two pages)
- A PDF copy of the degree certificate (if available)
- Personal Statement
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates should apply online.
1. The link to apply will be active from now.
2. Candidates are required to apply online via BOFapplication@ugent.be
Official Website link: