Gwangju institute of science and technology Korea Fully Funded Scholarships are open now. Diverse fields are available in this university for the Master’s program, Ph.D. programs, and integrated masters and Ph.D. programs.
Location: South Korea
University Name: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
Course Available: Masters/MPhil and Ph.D. MS leading to Ph.D
Funded Type: Fully Funded
Last date for apply: 15th October 2020
Gwangju University scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship to Study in South Korea. All the Financial Expenses will be covered by the University.
Tuition Assistance scholarship for all students
Tuition fully supported with 3,415,000 per semester
Monthly Stipends for All International Students)
Student allowance: 140,000 won per month for M.S. students, 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month
※Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester for the above two.
International student allowance: 120,000 won per month
※ GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects)
Average as of 2017
4,820,000 won per year of M.S.
11,480,000 won per year of Ph.D.
Housing (All Students)
The waiting time may take longer than expected.
The housing fees will be increased every year.
Utility fees are charged separately.
Additional costs may occur for wall papering or flooring.
Dormitory (as of 2019)
Apartment for Married Students: Two bedroom apartment (as of 2019)
Health Insurance for All International Students
In this scholarship 60 percent of Korean health insurance fee is supported.
There are also other options in this scholarship.
Annual check up is also included.
Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students)
All the international students coming to this university will get one-way flight reimbursement for first time use only.
Available Programs for study:
Master’s degree Programs
Ph. D Programs
Integrated M.S. and Ph.D. Program
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- You have to send all your documents by email in pdf form.
- For Form 1 the statement of application document submission
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Transcripts of the bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- All transcripts of master’s degree
- For Form 2 you need two letters of recommendation
- English proficiency test results
- Copy of passport
- You need a recommendation letter from teachers for getting fee waiver for matriculation (Form 3)
- English language proficiency certificate from you home university (It’s optional)
Eligibility Criteria for apply:
- All nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- You should have a Bachelors’s degree before applying to be eligible for the Master’s Program.
- You should have a Masters’s degree before applying to be eligible for the Doctoral Program.
15th October is the last date to apply on this scholarship.
Want to apply?
Application is online complete the university online application form you can upload your required documents or send them to their email. After admission accepts their offer.
The official website link is given below: