The primary goal of the summer school is to provide students with an understanding of the current status and challenges in systems biology research and technology. It will be a forum for exposure to methods and approaches that are used to decipher biological processes at the molecular level.
Students will learn about classical experimental approaches such as cell biology, microscopy, and biochemistry as well as modern high throughput technologies such as proteomics, sequencing, and small molecule screening. You can also participate in Essay Competition on Human Rights USA 2022
The summer school is open to all students (undergraduates, graduates) and young scientists from around the world who have a strong interest in systems biology research.
About Vienna Biocenter School:
Vienna Biocenter is a world-class research institute in the heart of Europe. Apart from the outstanding research conditions, Vienna Biocenter offers various training courses, workshops, seminars, and summer schools for both undergraduate and Master students. All our training courses are designed to give you an introduction into a particular research area or to help you develop your skills in your field of expertise.
Detailed information about Vienna Biocenter Summer School Scholarship:
- Scholarship Duration: 9 Weeks (from Wednesday 1 July until 31 August)
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31 January 2022
- Host Country: Vienna, Austria
- Application Deadline: January 1, 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: April 15, 2022
- Program Start Date: July 1, 2022
- Program End Date: August 31, 2022
- Length of Course: 10 Weeks
The scholarship is open to all international students of any Nationality who have successfully completed at least two years of university study as follows:
- In Year three of a four-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a Life Science related subject
- Completing at least one semester of a Master’s degree program.
- Please provide proof that you have enrolled in a university program for the current academic year as well as the next academic year (if possible)
- Outstanding academic record with high proficiency in the English language.
Benefits/ Financial Aid:
- A free travel pass is provided to each student, upon enrollment, enabling them to use public transportation unlimitedly during the nine-week program.
- Student stipends are 1400 euro’s after tax for each student for the nine-week program.
- Learn from internationally renowned faculty
- Get a Research Project grant
- Become part of the community for life
- You spend a thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding period of your life studying in a city that is alive with culture, history and scientific progression.
How to Apply?
- To apply for the Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2022, please fill out the form
- You will receive an official invitation once your application has been reviewed by team
- A cover letter describing what you hope to gain from the Summer School educationally, professionally and personally.
- A CV including publications, awards and any other relevant achievements.
- A short research synopsis of no longer than 4 pages in length, outlining your current research project(s) in some detail.