Educators Jobs in United State at University of Minnesota Extension in Minnesota 2024 is open now. The University of Minnesota is looking for a Horticulture Extension Educator. In this role, the educator’s job is to promote well-managed horticultural landscapes from various angles, like supporting ecosystems, addressing climate change, ensuring clean water (impacting watersheds), creating low-maintenance landscapes, using native and resilient plants, and beautifying landscapes. This involves collaborating with property owners, community groups, and urban stakeholders within the University of Minnesota.
The position involves working with a wide range of people, both from the public and private sectors, as well as non-profit organizations. These stakeholders will help shape Extension education programs and spread the message in local communities across the state. They include various property owners and managers, such as those with home gardens, community spaces (like parks), property associations, and urban stakeholders.
The job will cover topics like plant selection, landscape maintenance, soil health, climate resilience, and more. The Extension Educator will create, implement, and assess educational programs, using various formats like in-person events, online learning, web pages, printed materials, signs with explanations, social media, and emerging education technologies.
As a Horticulture Extension Educator, you’ll work closely with the Extension Horticulture team, Extension Master Gardener team, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, and other partners to develop and deliver educational programs.
Educators Jobs in United State at University of Minnesota Extension in Minnesota 2024
Program: Educator Job
Host Country: United State
University: University of Minnesota Extension
Required Education: Master’s Degree
Field: Horticulture Extension
Eligibility Criteria of Educators Jobs in United State at University of Minnesota Extension in Minnesota 2024
- A master’s degree in a field related to well-kept horticultural landscapes.
- Proven experience in effectively sharing educational information in different ways.
- Knowledge in horticulture and managed landscapes, like ecosystem support, climate change, clean water, low-maintenance landscapes, native and resilient plants, and ornamental landscapes.
- Three or more years of professional work experience related to well-maintained horticultural landscapes.
- A portfolio demonstrating research and/or the development of best practice-based education programs in horticulture or a related field.
- Direct experience with plant-based research techniques and projects.
- Previous employment in the green industry.
- Experience collaborating with diverse populations and communities.
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse groups, including the general gardening public, homeowner associations, gardening nonprofits, Master Gardener volunteers, and other relevant groups with different missions and backgrounds.
Duties for Educators Jobs in United State at University of Minnesota Extension in Minnesota 2024
- Organize and execute various educational formats and platforms.
- Lead and actively participate in Extension education programs that are research-based and built on best practices to enhance managed horticultural landscape systems.
- Assess the impact of these programs and consider how they can be improved in the future.
- Work closely with the Extension Master Gardener program and the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.
- Identify the educational needs and target audiences.
- Create educational curricula and materials.
- Establish and maintain effective collaborations with stakeholders to support the development and delivery of Extension educational programs.
- Engage in team meetings and contribute to committees.
- Collaborate with new, diverse, and historically underserved audiences to develop customized programs that cater to the unique requirements of various cultural communities.
How to Apply for Educators Jobs in United State at University of Minnesota Extension in Minnesota 2024
- Interested applicants must apply online.
- To apply for this role, please search for job number 357641 on the following website.
- Apply before deadline.
- Application received after last date will not be entertained.
- Last date to apply for Educators Jobs in United State at University of Minnesota Extension in Minnesota is 21st February, 2024.