Job of Assistant Professor in USA at Iowa State University (ISU) 2023 is open now. Iowa State University (ISU) values diversity and equality in the workplace. They welcome all individuals, regardless of race, color, age, religion, and more, and are an equal opportunity employer. With a substantial number of undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and staff, ISU is a strong university focused on research and community impact.
ISU provides excellent facilities for biological research, including genetics, genomics, and microbiome studies, along with powerful computing resources. The university encourages collaboration through interdisciplinary graduate programs.
ISU is looking for a new Assistant Professor to join their team, focusing on the interactions between hosts (like plants or insects) and microbes. The goal is to gain a deeper understanding of these interactions and their effects on various ecosystems, from nature to agriculture. They are interested in candidates who use innovative molecular, genetic, or -omics approaches in their research.
The chosen candidate is expected to establish a successful research program with external funding and mentor graduate students. They should also contribute to the undergraduate microbiology program and participate in university service. The role involves 65% research, 30% teaching, and 5% service.
This position will be in the Department of Plant Pathology, Entomology, and Microbiology within the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Iowa State University. The successful candidate will have access to modern research facilities, including laboratories, chambers, and greenhouses designed for collaborative research and teaching.
Iowa State University is committed to diversity, work-life balance, and gender equity, and they support dual career couples. They have received recognition for these efforts, including a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Award.
Job of Assistant Professor in USA at Iowa State University (ISU) 2023
Position: Assistant Professor
Field: Host-microbe interactions; ISU Plant and Insect Diagnostic Clinic
Country: United State of America
Institute: Iowa State University (ISU)
Required Education: PhD
Required Documents for Job of Assistant Professor in USA at Iowa State University (ISU) 2023
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Representative publications (max of 3 publications as pdf files).
- Teaching Statement detailing philosophy, experience, and future plans (2 pages max).
- Names and contact information for three references.
- Research Statement detailing experience and future plans (3 pages max).
- Cover Letter describing the qualifications for the position (2 pages max).
Eligibility Criteria of Job of Assistant Professor in USA at Iowa State University (ISU) 2023
- Potential for research mentoring.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Entomology, Plant Pathology, or related field.
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Willingness and capability for department, college, and scientific community service.
- Strong publication record in recognized journals.
- Potential for innovative research in host-microbe interactions using modern molecular methods.
- Potential to secure external research funding.
- Strong potential for evidence-based, innovative teaching.
Benefits of Job of Assistant Professor in USA at Iowa State University (ISU) 2023
- Onsite childcare facilities in Ames, Iowa.
- Retirement benefits, which encompass both defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for managing healthcare expenses.
- Life insurance coverage and long-term disability protection.
- Comprehensive leave plans, providing ample time off.
- Participation in a Wellbeing program to promote health and wellness.
- Access to various voluntary benefits and discounts.
- An Employee Assistance Program for personal support.
How to Apply for Job of Assistant Professor in USA at Iowa State University (ISU) 2023
- Interested applicants must apply online.
- Link to apply online is given below.
- Applicants must submit all required documents.
- You can contact Ryan Smith, Chair of the Search Committee or Steven Harris, Chair of the Department of Plant Pathology, Entomology, and Microbiology for any query at following given address.
- The review of applicants will commence on October 23, 2023. To ensure consideration, please submit your application before this date. However, the position will remain open until it is filled or the search process is officially closed.