PhD Position in Czech Republic at Biology Centre of the Academy of Science 2024 is open now. The Laboratory of Plant Biophysics and Biochemistry at the Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences seeks highly motivated candidates for a doctoral (PhD) student position. The University offers up to four years of funding for full-time project work and provides a part-time (initially 50%) working contract with the Institute at the Czech Academy of Sciences. Alongside project work, students must attend PhD courses at the University of South Bohemia and pass exams to qualify for their PhD award. This approach emphasizes that the PhD work is part of education rather than a standard job.
The Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences is recognized with an HR Award, following European standards for researcher recruitment. It offers comprehensive support for employees relocating from abroad, covering visa application, administration, and settlement. The center also adopted a gender equality plan in 2022.
The Laboratory of Plant Biophysics and Biochemistry, headed by Prof. Hendrik Küpper and Dr. Filis Morina, is part of the Institute of Plant Molecular Biology within the Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The lab provides top-notch research facilities and instruments, specializing in the physiology, biophysics, and biochemistry of photosynthetic organisms. Their primary focus revolves around metal metabolism, encompassing uptake, utilization, detoxification, and interaction with plant immunity.
The accepted candidate will enroll in PhD studies at the University of South Bohemia, Department of Experimental Plant Biology. Located in České Budějovice, a city with a rich history and stunning natural surroundings, the Biology Centre offers a conducive environment for both research and leisure activities. The region hosts a growing international expert community, and the cost of living remains reasonable by global standards.
PhD Position in Czech Republic at Biology Centre of the Academy of Science 2024
Program: PhD Position
Coverage: Fully Funded
Offered By: Biology Centre of the Academy of Science
Host Region: Czech Republic
Required Education: Master’s Degree
Benefits of PhD Position in Czech Republic at Biology Centre of the Academy of Science 2024
- Subsidized lunches available in the canteen
- Standard health insurance and social security benefits
- Access to Social fund and student benefits
- Participation in international collaborations like leading the COST Action “Trace Metal Metabolism in Plants, PLANTMETALS,” providing travel opportunities
- 5 weeks of paid holiday per year (for 1 FTE)
- Welcome service and continuous support for foreign employees (HR Award)
- Engaging and friendly international work environment
- Balance between work and personal life in a university city with options for outdoor, sports, and cultural activities
- Accommodation options in dormitories situated at the campus shared by the BC and the USB
- Work within a stable, internationally recognized research institution
- Free language classes offered (Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs)
- Participation in mentoring programs as a mentor or mentee
- Access to concessionary services provided by contractual operators and banks
Required Documents for PhD Position in Czech Republic at Biology Centre of the Academy of Science 2024
- Academic Transcripts and Diplomas Copies
- Two Recommendation Letter
- Cover Letter
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Position in Czech Republic at Biology Centre of the Academy of Science 2024
- Seeking highly motivated candidates interested in multidisciplinary life sciences with a focus on plant biophysics and biochemistry.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively are essential.
- Minimum education level: Master’s degree in Plant Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or related fields.
- Basic understanding of these fields is required; intensive learning in plant biology, biochemistry, and biophysics is expected during the PhD.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is necessary for effective communication within the team, learning, and writing scientific manuscripts for international publication.
- Applicants should hold or be about to obtain an MSc or equivalent degree.
- Previous theoretical knowledge and practical experience in disciplines such as biochemistry, biophysics, molecular genetics, microbiology, and bioinformatics are advantageous.
How to Apply for PhD Position in Czech Republic at Biology Centre of the Academy of Science 2024
- Interested applicants must apply online.
- Link to apply online is provided below.
- Applicants interested in the position should submit the required documents and information as a single PDF file.
- For further details, contact Prof. Hendrik Küpper through following given email address.
- Apply before last date.
- Last date to apply for PhD Position in Czech Republic at Biology Centre of the Academy of Science is 28 January, 2024.