Research Associate in United Kingdom at University of Arizona 2024 is open now. University of Arizona is offering two research associate positions. Candidates from all over the world can apply. Applicants will get a chance to work in laboratory of Dr. Judith Brown, School of Plant Sciences, and Plant Pathology/Microbiology. The School of Plant Sciences at the University of Arizona is a dynamic academic department focused on studying plants and the vital organisms that underpin the survival of terrestrial life. The interested candidate should have expertise in molecular biology and molecular virology techniques, analyzing viromes and microbiomes, characterizing insect vector-pathogen interactions through functional genomics, working with plant protoplasts and single-cell omics, conducting high-throughput sequencing analyses, and using bioinformatics tools. Applicants must have a PhD degree to apply for these positions. Health insurance and many other benefits will be given.
As an Employer of National Service, we welcomed applicants who have participated in programs such as AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service initiatives.
Research Associate in United Kingdom at University of Arizona 2024
Program: Research Associate Job
Host Country: Germany
University: University of Arizona
School: School of Plant Sciences, Plant Pathology/Microbiology
Degree Level: Postdoctoral
Required Education: PhD in plant pathology/virology research of DNA plant virus and/or fastidious bacterial-prophage- pathosystems; or dsDNA virus-vector interactions
Minimum Education: Ph.D. in plant virology, molecular plant pathology, entomology, microbiology, plant molecular biology, or equivalent upon hire.
Benefits of Research Associate in United Kingdom at University of Arizona 2024
- Facility of health, dental, vision, and life insurance will be given.
- Sick leave will be given.
- Benefits of paid vacations and holidays will be granted.
Eligibility Criteria of Research Associate in United Kingdom at University of Arizona 2024
- All overseas students can apply.
- Applicants must have a PhD degree in above mentioned subject.
- Candidates must have skills in plant molecular biology, molecular virology, dual host-pathogen interactions, virome characterization and RNA interference.
- Aspirants having skills of general bioinformatics skills applicable to plant-pathogen-insect pathosystems will be preferred.
Duties of Research Associate in United Kingdom at University of Arizona 2024
- You will engage in frequent communication with the Principal Investigator (PI) and fellow team members, both through in-person discussions and written correspondence.
- Your responsibilities will include creating reports, manuscripts, and presentations to effectively convey your findings and conclusions.
- Additionally, you will play a role in training and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students, as well as visiting scientists.
- Your duties will involve various molecular biology techniques, such as molecular cloning and DNA sequencing, to analyze DNA and RNA viral genomes.
- You’ll also engage in high-throughput DNA and RNA sequencing, coupled with bioinformatics analysis.
- Additionally, you’ll perform phylogenetic, population genetic, molecular clock, and recombination analyses.
- Other responsibilities include constructing infectious clones, utilizing gene gun and agro-inoculation methods, dual-host pathogen sequencing, transcriptome analysis, reverse genetics with dsRNA design, and RNAi gene knockdown techniques.
- You’ll also be involved in transgenic plant expression of ds/ssRNA to confer resistance against pathogens and insect vectors.
How to Apply for Research Associate in United Kingdom at University of Arizona 2024
- Interested candidates are welcomed to apply online.
- Link to apply online is given below.
- Aspirants must apply as soon as possible to be considered for this opportunity.
- All eligible students will be considered.
- Candidates must provide all required documents.
- Applications are open to apply for Research Associate in United Kingdom at University of Arizona 2024.