Scholarship in Australia at Macquarie University 2024 is open now. Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Facilitated Advancement of Australia’s Bioactive (FAAB) is offering fully funded scholarship to all national and international students. It’s a collaboration involving four universities and thirteen partner organizations from various disciplines. Applicants will be a part of a diverse multicultural team made up of students and academics. Since we are an ARC Training Centre, a significant part of our mission is to prepare the future research workforce. Students will be encouraged to engage in professional development activities that might not directly align with specific research, but will provide the skills needed to excel in the modern research and development workplace.
Candidates will collaborate with industry partners on their research and development related to bioactives. This involves short industry placements of up to 12 months. For this, national student will be strongly encourage to apply for these scholarships. IELTS is mandatory to apply for this opportunity.
Aspirants with background of physical chemistry and a strong undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, and Chemical Engineering, Molecular Physics or similar, preferably with experience in molecular simulation or computational chemistry will be preferred. Applicants will get a chance to work with professional expertise.
Scholarship in Australia at Macquarie University 2024
Coverage: Fully Funded
Host Country: Australia
University: Macquarie University
Nationality: National and International
IELTS: 6.5 or more, with no individual score below 6
Field: Biological Science
Degree level: PhD
Duration: 3.5 Years
In this project, computer simulations called molecular dynamics will be used to help with practical experiments on different bioactive systems relevant to Center. These simulations will help to predict the shapes and characteristics of proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids.
The results from these simulations will work together with ongoing experimental work at the Center. Practical guidance will be given to perform next experiments in order to achieve overall goals.
Eligibility Criteria of Scholarship in Australia at Macquarie University 2024
- Both national and international students will be preferred.
- Aspirants must have good communication skills.
- Applicants should have good verbal and written English skills.
- Students must also submit IELTS with minimum 6.5 score or more, with no individual score below 6.
- Applicants with an Honors degree or those who have finished the first year of an MRes program (or an equivalent) will receive a funding package that spans 1+3 years. This will lead to get both MRes and Ph.D. qualifications.
- Candidates having an MRes or an equivalent qualification, can join a 3.5-year Ph.D. program directly.
- Aspirants having experience in molecular simulation or computational chemistry will be preferred.
Academic Background for Scholarship in Australia at Macquarie University 2024
- Physical Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Molecular Physics or similar
Benefits of Scholarship in Australia at Macquarie University 2024
- Living expenditures will be given.
- Tuition fee will be covered.
- An amount of $36,161/ annum will be given to selected students.
How to Apply for Scholarship in Australia at Macquarie University 2024
- Interested candidates should contact Prof. Tiffany Walsh to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants should send CV along with a cover letter that explains why you are a good fit for the proposed project at following given email address.
- Application will be reviewed continuously after submission.
- If we come across an exceptionally qualified candidate before the application deadline, they might secure the position ahead of the scheduled closing date.
- So, don’t delay your application; apply as soon as possible.
- Candidates who are selected for this program will have the opportunity to apply for an MQRes FAAB Scholarship.
- Application received after last date will not be considered.
- Last date to apply for Scholarship in Australia at Macquarie University is 1st November, 2023.