Scholarship in Korea by Korean Government 2024 is open now. The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for 2024-2025 is now open for applications, providing free education at South Korean universities to international students. It aims to build strong connections between Korea and other nations by offering top-notch education. This move emphasizes Korea’s dedication to global education collaboration and cultural exchange. Students worldwide can apply online for graduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. studies in Korea through this program, allowing them to choose their preferred university.
The KGSP and university scholarships significantly ease the financial burden for students. South Korea also boasts lower living costs compared to many developed countries, making it financially feasible. South Korea’s universities excel in STEM fields, offering exceptional education and leading research in technology and science. This makes studying in South Korea an attractive option for international students looking for quality education and ample scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship in Korea by Korean Government 2024
Coverage: Fully Funded
Offered By: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)
Host Country: South Korea
Degree Level: Masters andPhD
Required Documents for Scholarship in Korea by Korean Government 2024
- A resume for scholarship application
- The MS students should submit the study plan.
- Doctoral degree applicants should also submit their research proposals.
- KGSP Scholarship application form
- Highest degree document attained.
- A motivational letter or an intent letter
- Recommendation letters from professors or employers
- Transcript copies of the highest degree
- Personal statement (mandatory for just Ph.D. and masters applicants)
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship in Korea by Korean Government 2024
- Graduate applicants should be under 40 years old.
- Undergraduate candidates must finish their education from elementary/middle/high schools before arriving in Korea.
- Applicant and their guardian must be born in a country other than Korea.
- Candidate’s CGPA should exceed 80%.
- Applicants with Korean citizenship are ineligible.
- Candidates should be mentally and physically fit to complete their degree with good grades.
- Those who previously studied in Korean universities or obtained any short courses/degrees in Korea are not eligible.
- Former recipients of the KGSP scholarship can reapply through the university’s official channel.
- Undergraduate applicants should be at least 25 years old.
- Graduate candidates must complete their bachelor’s/master’s education before arriving in Korea.
Benefits of Scholarship in Korea by Korean Government 2024
- Living expenses covered with KRW 20,000 per month.
- Tuition fee coverage up to KRW 5,000,000 per semester.
- Medical insurance allowance of KRW 20,000 per month.
- Printing grant for thesis or dissertation ranging from 600,000 KRW to 800,000 KRW.
- A reward of KRW 100,000 awarded upon degree completion.
- Language course support of KRW 800,000 every three months.
- Airfare expenses for grantees will be covered.
- A resettlement or relocation allowance of around 200,000 KRW will be provided.
- Proficiency in Korean language rewarded.
- Research expenses supported with KRW 240,000 per semester.
How to Apply for Scholarship in Korea by Korean Government 2024
- NIIED collaborates with local universities or Korean Embassies to identify potential candidates.
- Link of NIED is provided below.
- Students apply through the university or embassy platform, where they undergo a shortlisting process.
- Applicants submit their documents to the home country’s embassy or the chosen university.
- Verified documents are forwarded to NIIED only for shortlisted candidates.
- NIIED assesses all documents and informs the university or embassy about the selected recipients.
- Applicants learn about their acceptance or rejection status through the university or embassy; direct notifications from the scholarship committee are not provided.
- Last date to apply for Scholarship in Korea by Korean Government is 28th February, 2024.