The World Bank Legal Internship Program is made to bring together law students, lawyers, or experienced counselors with an aim of providing outreach services to member countries dealing with issues that relate to the Law.
It’s not every day that you get the chance to intern in Washington DC – or become a world changer. The World Bank Legal Internship Program does just that. It enables law students to work in the legal team at the World Bank headquarters in Washington DC for six months. As an intern, you will directly assist in important policy initiatives by providing legal support on the bank’s focus areas, which include economic growth, environment, and social development – promoting renewable energy systems and public-private partnerships. You Can Also Apply On Fully Funded GIST Scholarship 2022, South Korea
The World Bank’s Legal Internship program is open to individuals who are interested in working for a law organization, including local chapters and subsidiaries of international organizations. World Bank Legal is a private non-partisan organization whose mission is to promote social progress and relief through legal initiatives, training, and research in more than 90 countries.
Goal Of Internship Program:
The goal of the program is to provide an environment where those working within the juvenile legal system can develop their career skills while gaining relevant practical experience. The Legal Internship Program at World Bank is designed to help law students gain practical work experience while gaining an academically-based qualification linked to their professional goals.
Brief Details Regarding World Bank Legal Internship:
- Organization Name: World Bank
- Country: USA
- Time Duration: 3 months
- Deadline: September 30, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria of Internship:
International students will be preferred if they meet the following criteria:
- Eligible candidates should have good communication skills and English language proficiency
- An intern must be a third-year law student or must be a law graduate
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Law (LLM) or equivalent professional qualification in law are also eligible for an internship
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in cutting edge legal issues
- Legal interns who can speak at least one of the languages that the World Bank works in (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) will be given priority.
Benefits of Internship:
- Help you get a position on International Banking
- Help you learn more about the law internships abroad
- All expenses will be paid by the world bank for all students: food, temporary accommodation, and transportation to and from school
- The interns will get the opportunity to attend the conferences, workshops, and seminars conducted by World Bank.
What is the deadline to apply for internships?
There is no hard and fast deadline to apply for internships. But, the sooner you apply the better.
How to Apply?
The Application Form is to be submitted online. The application form for the internship will be considered incomplete without a transcript.
Motivation letter demonstrating your interest in the job, career goals, and work experience related to this internship program.
lastly, you need to be selected based on your educational background, performance, and skills.