Scholarship for undergraduate students Japan 2023 IS OPEN NOW. The UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2023 in Japan is now accepting applications. The University of Tokyo seeks to assist undergraduate students from many nations who wish to pursue careers in biology or closely related fields and who also wish to continue their graduate studies with experience in both primary and translational biomedical research. International students will be able to develop their research-related knowledge and abilities. Through joint projects, the students are also likely to widen their worldwide network. Undergraduate students can conduct scientific research projects at top universities thanks to the Amgen Scholars Program. The Amgen Scholars Program offers undergraduate students from all over the globe who are smart and motivated. The chance to learn scientific research at one of the best universities in Asia and the rest of the world.
Students can gain excellent hands-on research experience through the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program at graduate schools and the University of Tokyo research institution. In the United States in 2006, in Europe in 2008, and in Japan at Tokyo and Kyoto Universities in 2015, the Amgen Scholars programme was founded. At many prestigious international institutions, the fully sponsored research internship conducts scientific research projects.
Also apply below:
The UTokyo Amgen Scholars programme will take conducted in Singapore and Japan from 5 June to 5 August 2023. Young students will get short-term biomedical research skills in the fundamental and translational sciences under the guidance of several faculty members through this fully sponsored research internship. Participants will also develop their global networking and subject-matter knowledge. Students have a wonderful opportunity to finish their summer internship in Japan through the University of Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program. Participants will explore, and a doorway to their future careers will be revealed. Students participating in the University of Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program will meet with faculty members beforehand to build a detailed research plan before travelling to Japan. This makes it possible for the laboratories and students to properly prepare their study methodologies and contents. Once the students arrive, they will work in the lab with other graduate students while being closely supervised by full-time tenured faculty members.
The students will get the opportunity to learn about Japan, its people, and its language via the lab experience. Lessons in Japanese language and culture will also be provided to students. Students who participate in this programme are expected to get cutting-edge research experience and cherish able memories of Japan. It will motivate students to improve as individuals and researchers with a solid grasp of universal principles. The Amgen Scholars Program has a 1 February 2023 deadline.
Also check below:
Internship fields for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Institute of Industrial Science
- Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Graduate School of Science
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Internship Duration for UTokyo Scholar’s Program:
Eligibility criteria for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program
• Applicants must be undergraduate students who, at the start of the summer programme, have completed at least their first year of undergraduate study.
• Graduates who will be taking their exams after the summer programme starts are eligible.
• They must have a proven track record of excellence in the classroom.
• In addition, students must be proficient in English. If they are not native English speakers or if English is not their first language, they must have a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, an IELTS overall band score of 5.5, a Cambridge English FCE, a TOEIC L&R score of 785, or a TOEIC S&W score of 310.
• They must be motivated to get a PhD.
• The programme must be attended by every participant the whole time.
Click below and apply:
Benefits of the Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program in Japan
• A paid internship abroad in Japan.
• Students will get a 250,000 JPY monthly stipend.
• Airline tickets in the economy class.
• Free lodging will be available close to the campus.
• Special seminars where students may get together and converse.
• The chance to pick up the Japanese language.
• Students get access to UTokyo campus amenities including the library, gym, and health care center.
• Possibility to tour institutions involved in biological research.
• Attend cultural activities in Japan.
Documents Required for UTokyo Amgen Internship in Japan
- Portrait photo
- Resume/CV and Cover letter
- Scanned copy of ID card and Passport
- Academic Transcript
- Proof of English proficiency from your university
- Two Recommendation Letters (Instructions)
Click below and apply:
Application Process for UTOKYO Scholars Program:
• Carefully follow all application instructions, and initiate assembling the proper documents as soon as possible.
• Before applying, review the criteria for selection.
Carefully fill out the online application.
• Online applications for the programme are required.
• Create program-supporting documents.
• Two letters of recommendation from those who were referred.
• Applicants must complete an application form, include personal information, choose their preferred field and lab, and attach supporting documentation.
• Applicants must submit their applications before the deadline.
• The UTokyo Amgen Scholars application deadline is February 1, 2023.
By the middle of March 2023, applicants will be contacted.
• After submission, the application cannot be changed.
• Check the information on the official website carefully before beginning the application to ensure that you do not overlook anything crucial.
Deadline to Apply for UTOKYO Scholars Program:
1st February, 2023is the last date to apply for this program.