Sweden is home to a slew of globally renowned colleges and famous enterprises. It has been an appealing educational destination for the majority of EU/EEA individuals due to the fact that studying here is free! Additionally, if you are a non-EU/EEA student, you may apply for a scholarship to assist with your financial requirements.
This article discusses the best foreign scholarships available in Sweden. However, you may be asking why this list focuses only on Bachelor’s and Master’s degree scholarships. To be sure, applying for a Ph.D. degree in Sweden is completely free, regardless of your place of origin! It is comparable to applying for a job, except that you will not be required to pay tuition costs and would instead earn a monthly compensation.
1. Lund University Global Scholarship Programme:
- Scholarship Amount: Partial or Full-tuition waiver
- Eligible Degree: Bachelor’s, Master’s
The “Global Scholarship from Lund University” Programme awards excellent students from outside the EU and EEA. The Swedish Migration Agency requires that you can afford to live in Sweden before applying for a scholarship. You must be a non-EU or non-EEA citizen and have applied to a program at Lund University to be eligible for this grant. Your application will be sent to another site after you have paid the application cost.
If you applied to Lund University first, you have a greater chance of winning a scholarship. You must submit a 600-word motivation statement explaining why you deserve a Lund University scholarship. Because the scholarship is merit-based, financial hardship will not be a factor. Only those who have excelled academically and are keen to join Lund University.
Several scholarship programs exist at Lund University. Most scholarships require candidates to have completed two semesters at Lund University.
- Awarded to current students with exceptional academic achievement, the Global Scholarship for the Current Students is a merit-based grant.
- University and also student country scholarships: Undergraduate and Master’s students are eligible for university scholarships. Undergraduate, Master’s, and research students are eligible for the nation’s scholarships.
- Lund University students who are currently enrolled in the university are eligible for travel grants for the study abroad or to travel linked to their studies.
- Swedish foundation scholarships: granted yearly to Lund University students from distinct backgrounds.
- Scholarships and rewards are available to prospective students.
- University and student country scholarships: Undergraduate and Master’s students are eligible for university scholarships. Undergraduate, Master’s, and research students are eligible for the nation’s scholarships.
- Study abroad and degree-related travel grants are awarded to the current Lund University students.
- Swedish foundation scholarships: granted yearly to the Lund University students from distinct backgrounds.
The following scholarships and prizes are available to prospective students:
- All students from European Union and the non European Economic Area are eligible.
- Scholarships for Master’s programmes in Industrial Design, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and Management.
- Scholarships are available for students from , Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Indonesia and Russia.
- European combined Master’s programme: for Lund University Master’s students.
2. Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals:
- Scholarship Amount: Full-tuition waiver, Monthly expenses for living of the 10,000SEK, Insurance for health , and Airfare of SEK 15,000
- Eligible Degree: Master’s
To Encourage students from particular countries to pursue graduate degrees in Sweden, the Swedish Institute offers SISGP scholarships. Tuition, housing, and health insurance are all included.
The “Swedish Institute (SI)” is a government agency that awards 300 scholarships each year to international master’s degree students studying at Swedish institutions. For a period of up to two years, the scholarship covers the entire cost. Candidates must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of work experience from one of three different companies, as well as a demonstrated ability to lead. Additionally, you must have been accepted into the Master’s program in Sweden to be eligible for the award.
Furthermore, this Sweden grant is intended for students from their list of 42 qualifying nations. If you are approved, you will no longer have to pay tuition and will be given a monthly allowance of SEK 10,000 for living costs and health insurance. Furthermore, if you live outside of Sweden, your airline expenses are paid up to SEK 15,000 once only.
Students from the 42 nations listed below:
Azerbaijan; Armenia; Bolivia; Brazil; Bangladesh; Belarus; Cameroon; Cambodia; Colombia; Ecuador; Ethiopia; Egypt; Georgia; Guatemala; Gambia; Ghana; Indonesia; Honduras; Jordan; Kenya; Malawi; Liberia; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Moldova; Nigeria; Nepal; Philippines; Pakistan; Peru; Rwanda; Russian Federation; Sudan; Sri Lanka; Tunisia; Tanzania; Turkey; Ukraine; Uganda; Vietnam; Zimbabwe; Zambia.
- You must be a citizen of a nation that is eligible for SI scholarships to be eligible for the SISGP (see above).
- Work experience is required for at least 3000 hours.
- You must apply for a Graduate Degree that is qualified for SI funding (see above). Depending on your nation of citizenship, the institution prioritizes programmes in certain academic areas.
- You must have exhibited leadership experience in your present or past work, as well as in your civic commitments.
- You have to Submit tuition fee.
- The scholarship pays for full tuition
- SEK 10,000 for living expenses
- Different insurances
- Travel tickets
- if you are from outside Sweden then you will get 10,000 and 15000 SEK.
- One and two year graduate program in fall semester are eligible for scholarship.
- There are no extra awards available to family members. It also does not cover the University Admissions application cost.
3. KTH Royal Institute of Technology:
With its exceptional research activity in technology and innovation improvement, It is most prominent technical institutions not only in Sweden but also in Europe.
This institution offers science and technology students a variety of degree opportunities. It offers 60 Master’s and one Bachelor’s degree in English. Its Ph.D. program is also noteworthy.
The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm, Sweden, is a center for engineering and science. The Stockholm Stock Exchange refers to KTH as “Sweden’s premier plant school for the CEO.
Scholarships Available For International Students:
- KTH Scholarship: remission of first- and the second-year tuition.
- For the second academic year together KTH, students are eligible for a one-year tuition waiver via the KTH One-Year Scholarship.
- KTH India Scholarship: full tuition cost remission for the whole programme. Includes a monthly allowance for the academic year (10 months) which can be increased.
- Joint Program: remission of tuition.
- Institute of Sweden
- KTH affiliated scholarship agencies
The requirements for each program vary. It also awards KTH Royal Institute of Technology scholarships to those who excel in school. Details are available on the KTH Royal Institute of Technology website.
4. Uppsala University Global Scholarships:
graduate programs are open for European Union and (EEA) as well as Switzerland. Only tuition is covered by these scholarships; they do not pay living expenses.
Uppsala University is a university in the city of Uppsala, Sweden. Since its inception in 1477, Uppsala Institution has been the oldest university in Sweden and the Nordic region. The University has been recognized as one of the best in the world in a number of high-profile international rankings.
It is rated 99th in the world, is one of Sweden’s oldest universities. It is well-known for its remarkable culture and diverse student body, with 45,000 students. It is well-known for its research activities and high-quality education.
This institution offers a diverse variety of studies, including natural science and mathematics, law, social science, engineering and technology, computer science and information technology, art, design and architecture, and humanities.
External grants are also available to help students pay for their education:
- Swedish Institute of the Scholarships
- The Rotary World Peace Fellowship
Scholarships are available to current Uppsala University students and researchers each semester.
5. Visby Programme:
- Scholarship Amount: full-tuition waiver, monthly living expenses of the SEK 9,000, health insurance, and airfare of SEK 5,000
- Eligible Degree: Master’s
The Visby Programme Scholarship, one of the greatest international student scholarships in Sweden, is available to foreign master’s students from Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Russia, Moldova, and Ukraine. If you are a dual citizen of any of the above-mentioned nations, you should limit your application to one. While there are 600 master’s programs to select from, students studying master’s degrees in environmental and social sustainability and responsibility, as well as sustainable economic development, are given priority.
Apart from being admitted to a master’s program, you must have appropriate job experience, either part-time or full-time. Your scholarship application will be denied if you lack job experience. Additionally, your application may be disqualified if you have previously received a SI scholarship at a university, are presently enrolled at a Swedish university or institution, and have Swedish citizenship or permanent residence status.
Few full scholarships are available via the Visby Program to help students from the countries of Armenia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine complete their master’s degrees in Stockholm. There is a one-time travel allowance of SEK 5,000 in addition to the tuition and for bearing the expenses of living a stipend of 9000 SEK monthly.