PhD Position in Austria in Agronomic Microbiology 2024 is open now. As Austria’s largest research and technology organization focused on applied research, we are committed to addressing significant global challenges such as climate change and digitalization. Our dedication to excellence is grounded in specific research, development, and technology competencies. At AIT, we foster an open culture of innovation, relying on motivated international teams to position ourselves as Austria’s leading research institution on the global stage. Our aim is to contribute positively to both the economy and society.
This PhD project is part of an EU initiative that aims to efficiently utilize and integrate microbiome-based solutions for the sustainable enhancement of soya bean production and safety under field conditions. The project involves a diverse set of techniques, including molecular analyses of soya bean roots/rhizosphere and seed microbiomes in greenhouse experiments and field trials. It also encompasses the assessment of microbial strain colonization efficiency using various molecular and bioinformatic techniques, as well as the analysis of the impact of microbial partners and different agronomic practices on plant physiology.
As a researcher in this project, you will be involved in independent scientific planning, execution of experiments, result evaluation, and scientific interpretation. Your research findings will be presented at conferences and published in international peer-reviewed journals. You will have the opportunity to work with a group of international scientists, expanding your professional network and contributing to a large European research project. The Bioresources research unit in Tulln, located in close proximity to Vienna, welcomes applications for this PhD Thesis position. The team boasts world-leading experts in deciphering plant-microbe interactions, possessing advanced methodological skills and profound scientific insights into the ecology and physiology of fungi, bacteria, and plants.
This three-year PhD project, conducted in collaboration with a team of experts, aims to explore innovative approaches to enhance soya bean production through the utilization of microbial partners within an international project framework. Joining our AIT PhD program, which involves approximately 150 international students and collaboration with renowned universities, you will embark on a journey to investigate the link between the microbiome and soya bean production and seed quality.
PhD Position in Austria in Agronomic Microbiology 2024
Program: PhD Position
Host Region: Austria
Field: Agronomic Microbiology
Coverage: Fully Funded
Project:Exploring the Link between the Microbiome and Soya Bean Production and Seed Quality
Starting Date: 01 April, 2024
Duration: 3 Years
Benefits of PhD Position in Austria in Agronomic Microbiology 2024
- Access to various events, seminars, and networking opportunities
- Additional company benefits provided
- Annual gross salary of EUR 34,507.20
- Part-time position of 30 hours per week
- Experienced supervision and support for the execution of PhD thesis
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Position in Austria in Agronomic Microbiology 2024
- Proficient in molecular techniques
- Essential English language proficiency and presentation skills; German language skills considered a plus
- Keen interest in agronomic microbiology and plant-microbe interactions
- Strong team collaboration, independent work, organizational proficiency, and a sense of responsibility
- Experience in plant growth experiments is advantageous
- Skills in data analysis, particularly with tools like R, are beneficial
- Master’s degree (MSc.) in microbiology, plant sciences, or related fields
- Enthusiasm for reading and writing scientific publications and addressing industry-related questions
- High level of commitment and team spirit
Required Documents for PhD Position in Austria in Agronomic Microbiology 2024
- Cover Letter
- Your certificates
How to Apply for PhD Position in Austria in Agronomic Microbiology 2024
- Applicants must apply online.
- Link to apply online is given below.
- Upload all required documents.
- For more details, contact with Dr. Hanna Koch at following given email address.
Applications are open to apply for this position.