Getty Scholars grants are awarded to researchers who have started work in their field. Selected participants can use the Getty Lab or Getty Villa to work on the project without any other work commitments. They can benefit from Getty Collections and accompany their peers to weekly meetings on annual research topics/American art history initiatives. They can also participate in Getty’s intellectual life.
The grants program from the Getty Images Foundation provides financial support to students pursuing advanced studies in visual art, journalism, and architecture. Submissions are judged on a variety of criteria, including measuring an individual’s demonstrated financial need and impact on the art field, creative research and creative development, and distribution to visual artists throughout the world.
These awards recognize extraordinary academic achievement by financially supporting students who engage in research-based projects designed to improve human knowledge or medical practice in areas such as medical imaging, environmental health, public health, or youth development. The goals of these grants are diverse but all focus on increasing the quality of scientific research and education in the United States. You Can Also Apply For UNICEF Paid Internship Program
Here are some details about the Getty Scientist Grant:
- Country Name: USA
- Scholarship supported by: Getty Foundation
- Financial Benefits: Fully Supported
- Last Date: 1 October 2021
Eligibility Criteria :
- Researchers from all countries in the arts, social sciences, and humanities are eligible to apply for the Getty Scholarship.
- After September 1, 2017, degree holders are encouraged to apply for a Ph.D.
Apply Now On:
Applicants who are not eligible for Grant:
- Applicants that have a Getty employee or member as a close relative are not eligible for the scholarship. Those who have already won the award in the previous three years may also be excluded from consideration.
Benefits of this Scholarship:
The following benefits will be provided by the Getty Scholars grants:
- For September to December or April to June, a three-month residence stipend of around $21,500 is provided to selected candidates.
- Residency for six months: from September to April or January to June; offers dollars 43,000.
- September to June; offers dollars 65,000 for a nine-month residency.
- Available option for air travel and healthcare for Los Angeles.
The last date for applying to Getty Scholars Grants is 1 October 2021.
Select the “Applications: In Progress” option to return to your stored application once the applicant has created & saved an application form. If not, several versions of the same program may be created accidentally.
The following steps are included
- Achievements of past candidates.
- Think about how Getty Grant can aid your project by providing resources.
- Apply online on the official site.
- Submit the project proposal along with the application.