Applications are now being accepted for LPI Summer Internship in the USA. Students have had the opportunity to join the LPI program. As a leading research center, they offer internship opportunities to undergraduate students from universities worldwide who are seeking to learn about planetary science and work alongside our scientists.
The mission of the institute is to support and promote lunar and planetary exploration through research and education. The staff at LPI work on projects related to planetary missions; lunar science; terrestrial planet research; space instrumentation; education; public outreach; international partnerships; and management of NASA’s Lunar Science Institute (LSI). The projects are conducted under the direct supervision of a scientist or engineer who has a track record of conducting research in a relevant field.
Student interns will participate in social activities, NASA visits, lectures, and career development workshops during this 10-week internship. It is free of charge to apply. The selection process will be free from racial, national, and age discrimination.
What Is LPI?
LPI is a non-profit organization that helps students with in-depth work in NASA in order to contribute to finding solutions to various problems faced by them. LPI is the abbreviation for NASA Internships. It’s an online platform that connects colleges with summer internship opportunities at NASA.
NASA is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. It was created on 29 July 1960, with T. Keith Glennan as its administrator. NASA is the United States government’s official space agency. While it is best known for its space flights, it also participates in the International Space Station program, private spaceflight, and more.
A detailed description of the internship:
- Location: Houston, USA
- Type of program: internship
- Organization: Lunar and Planetary Institute
- The duration of the program is 10 weeks
- Starting on 05 June and ending on 11 August 2023.
- Deadline: December 12, 2022
To apply for the LPI Summer Internship in USA 2023, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be able to provide proof of English language proficiency before the program starts (TOEFL score minimum 90 iBT).
- For a full understanding of lunar and planetary science, students must complete the semester of 50 hours.
- The application process is favored by students with a major in physics, math, computer science, or engineering.
- Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
Benefits of Internships 2023:
- A USD $7,300 scholarship will be awarded to successful applicants.
- Accommodation costs will be covered.
- Living and travel expenses are also included.
How to Apply for LPI Summer Internship?
- Internship to the LPI program is considered competitive.
- The application process includes an online application.
- two letters of recommendation.
- a resume or curriculum vitae.
- academic transcripts.
- test scores (ILETS or GMAT).
- a personal statement/essay.
Selection Process Phases:
The program consists of three phases:
- Phase I – Online application and resume submission.
- Phase II – Technical interviews at the Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) in Houston. Texas; applicants will be notified if they have been selected for an interview.
- 3rd Phase – Final selection and notification of acceptance.